Strathcona County Crime Watch Association -
"The Eyes and Ears of Your Community"
- Swords, Knives and other costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
- Avoid Trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat so you do not get sick.
- Hold a flashlight to make it easier for you to see and be seen by others. Always walk, do not run from house to house.
- Always test make up in a small area first. Be sure to remove it before bedtime to avoid a skin rash or irritation of the eyes.
- Look both ways before you cross the street, Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Lower your risk of eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
- Walk on sidewalks when possible or on the edge of the roadway facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Eat only factory wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you are with a trusted adult.
- Only visit well lit houses. Don't stop at dark house.
- Never accept rides from strangers.